Skip to main content

A Tribute to my mentor

Summer of 2006... The season of IRC chatters... I had the weirdest thought that I would find the perfect partner in chatrooms like these... G4m was also very hot that year... (well I'm just saying that because that's the year I started chatting online^^) Anyway... I had this chat mate named "bratie" in one of the chatrooms and the usual .. we traded G4m accounts.. he asked for my stats and number and ofcourse...Friendster... We texted a lot even traded MMS several times... then April 21,2006 he made a text brigade for a grand EB with all his friends and text/chat mates at mo2 aquarium 9pm...  Everybody's there..the hot and the not was there but "bratie" he never cared..just as long as he makes lots of friends ... he's the kind of person that would not judge based on physical looks... And well it took us several months before the "close friend" declaration happened... 

On that night.. I also met my all time crush... "dotty" he's the kind of person that you would stalk just to see him everyday^^. but enough about him.. going back... the night went well..after drinks at the bar we partied inside then ofcourse Walter drank and drove just like a pro... we ended crashing in his pad that night... me and "raffy" 1 of our close friend...then morning came.. me and raffy let ourselves out...and even lost our way but we soon found our way out... after that first EB with "bratie" I knew..we will be very good friends in the future...

But in some relationships there's always 1 trait that you wouldn't like .. just like his "diva" attitude ..oh well yeah his the queen but for me that time... young..naive.. I know less than him.. sooner I realized after 1 fight that we had and I don't want to elaborate it anymore..It was humiliating.. It was like jenny of GG after blaire dressed her up for a ball...

We tended to make code names for ourselves and that's where the "tyra" came from.. after the super model code names... bratie was Naomi Campbell..kim was Kate Moss and I was Tyra Banks.. towering height and all... but in GG I always assumed that I was a Jenny..naive,curious,demure... And Bratie would be Blaire.. "the Queen B". But since were like together everyday.. Jenny suddenly became the Serena... after an epiphany..told herself  not to become queen anymore but decided to take back what was hers or in my case.. try to own the crown without bratie knowing... I suddenly became like him... Party and drink till I drop.. all the things that A "bratie" could do to a friend or family... the most spontaneous person ever... It even came to a point that I became a drama queen...just to get attention..but I realized... I could never be like "bratie" were both unique and we could never share 1 crown...

He always says that he made me... he would change my clothing line ... my hairstyle..accessories or choice of men... which is true.. he really made who I am right now... strong..confident.. glaring with aura... before.. when I enter a room .. even how big I am.. no one recognizes or acknowledges my presence... but now... as what my friend once told me... "you brighten up the room once you enter it friend" ....

You see it's not about competing... especially with best friends.. you never compete with them but instead.. try to build a castle on your own..never take a even 1 brick from another castle just to cover up your castle's cavity...

Bratie had made a big influence in my life.. not just because he's always there when I needed him but one thing that any individual would take light years to fulfill... CONFIDENCE... If he did not change my demure or for the lack of terms.. "jologs" personality... I would never be standing how I stand right now... Self pity is my usual problem and even came to a point that I had my check-up wit belo madical groud in 07 to check on rhinoplasty .. I never treated myself as a beautiful person... and I have realized that it always comes down to ones inner beauty...

Thank you for being one of my best friend and being one of the persons who influenced and changed my personality to a stronger one... in a good way... I miss you Bratie^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 The Guy with the Blue Jeans Part 1

It was a cold winter night. Jasper decided to take a walk down the streets near his manor to unwind after a stressful week at the office. He was still thinking about how he got disappointed after the big presentation that made with the big boss and didn't even get a simple "good job". He's 29 and gay, living alone at a big manor with no pets nor a lover to be with. He started working at 16 when his parents died in a car crash. He has no relatives to rely on, so he worked and studied at the same time. He made sure that he gets through with college to secure a diploma with good grades to make his resume top others when he applies for a job. He got into an advertising company at 21, got promoted to an executive assistant at 22 and now he's the regional manager of Winter Dreams Advertising Inc. After a few blocks of walking and relaxing his mind, he decided to grab a bottle of beer at a club just a few blocks away from his manor. He stayed for a bit to

Need a Change?

Have you ever been in a situation where you wanted to just step out of your comfort zone and venture into new things to make you feel more fulfilled in life? Are you fed up with the work or industry that you've been in for the past few years and just wonder how it would be outside the world that you've been entrapped? Well I am! For the past 8 years I have been working in the same industry that has got me to places and situations that I have never imagined that I'd even encounter growing up. It's both a good and a bad thing and it's more on the good but I have grown tired of the usual routine. Waking up in the morning (Or at night if I'm on a graveyard shift), do your rituals, get a cab, report to work, do the usual tasks on you daily checklist and feel exhausted after 8 to 10 hours of work. Eat breakfast, browse the net or play online games, listen to music until you fall as sleep and repeat. It has been a cycle for the past few years and It's