Skip to main content

100 Days with Mr. Arrogant

I was really not a fan of korean movies before but after watching 200 pound beauty and My Wife is a gangster. I was starting to love em. 
I watched this film yesterday and find it kind of applicable to me so I was able to empathize with the girl in the movie. The movie was fun and heart warming. 




Synopsis:
Ha-Young (Ha Ji-Won) is a high school student who was just dumped by her boyfriend right before their 100th day anniversay. While walking home, upset and frustrated, Ha-Young kicks a can that ends up hitting Hyung-Joon (Kim Jae Won) in the face as he is driving his expensive car and it ends up running into a wall and getting scratched. Hyung-Joon demands her to pay him back, but she ends up running away..but of course, she dropped her wallet! Hyung-Joon ends tracking her down the poor high school student and writes up an “Enslavement Agreement’ that allows Ha-Young to payback for the damages through 100 days of doing errands, cleaning and etc for Hyung-joon. She eventually figures out that Hyung-Joon lied about the price for fixing the car and eventually seeks revenge.


Movie Review:
100 Days with Mr. Arrogant is another over-the-top crazy Korean comedy romance that will definitely make you laugh. Anyone who has seen My Sassy Girl or My Tutor Friend will definitely not find this movie to be THAT great. Although it’s a cute romance, it’s not a well made one. Hyung-Joon, who is suppose to be an all time arrogant hunk… doesn’t seem as arrogant as he should have been, and as for Ha-Young, her nutty and outrageous personality sometimes are a bit too much and annoying. And even though Hyung-Joon has Ha-young under a 100 Day agreement for her to be his slave, the “dreadful” and “terrible” tasks that he gives her don’t seem all that bad, especially once the movie progresses and the expected happenings of a cliche love story start to progress. Ok..I seem to be bashing a lot on this movie, but I did actually enjoy it. There was excellent pacing, and not a single dull moment between the silly comedy and sad dramatic parts. Even though the ending was completely predictable, I found this movie to be quite fun to watch, especially with a group of people. The romance, although difficult to follow, is quite touching and fun to watch.


Thanks LilJet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute to my mentor

Summer of 2006... The season of IRC chatters... I had the weirdest thought that I would find the perfect partner in chatrooms like these... G4m was also very hot that year... (well I'm just saying that because that's the year I started chatting online^^) Anyway... I had this chat mate named "bratie" in one of the chatrooms and the usual .. we traded G4m accounts.. he asked for my stats and number and ofcourse...Friendster... We texted a lot even traded MMS several times... then April 21,2006 he made a text brigade for a grand EB with all his friends and text/chat mates at mo2 aquarium 9pm...  Everybody's there..the hot and the not was there but "bratie" he never cared..just as long as he makes lots of friends ... he's the kind of person that would not judge based on physical looks... And well it took us several months before the "close friend" declaration happened...  On that night.. I also met my all time crush... "dotty" he

 The Guy with the Blue Jeans Part 1

It was a cold winter night. Jasper decided to take a walk down the streets near his manor to unwind after a stressful week at the office. He was still thinking about how he got disappointed after the big presentation that made with the big boss and didn't even get a simple "good job". He's 29 and gay, living alone at a big manor with no pets nor a lover to be with. He started working at 16 when his parents died in a car crash. He has no relatives to rely on, so he worked and studied at the same time. He made sure that he gets through with college to secure a diploma with good grades to make his resume top others when he applies for a job. He got into an advertising company at 21, got promoted to an executive assistant at 22 and now he's the regional manager of Winter Dreams Advertising Inc. After a few blocks of walking and relaxing his mind, he decided to grab a bottle of beer at a club just a few blocks away from his manor. He stayed for a bit to

Need a Change?

Have you ever been in a situation where you wanted to just step out of your comfort zone and venture into new things to make you feel more fulfilled in life? Are you fed up with the work or industry that you've been in for the past few years and just wonder how it would be outside the world that you've been entrapped? Well I am! For the past 8 years I have been working in the same industry that has got me to places and situations that I have never imagined that I'd even encounter growing up. It's both a good and a bad thing and it's more on the good but I have grown tired of the usual routine. Waking up in the morning (Or at night if I'm on a graveyard shift), do your rituals, get a cab, report to work, do the usual tasks on you daily checklist and feel exhausted after 8 to 10 hours of work. Eat breakfast, browse the net or play online games, listen to music until you fall as sleep and repeat. It has been a cycle for the past few years and It's